Tags

, , ,

I just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to build boost date_time from source using boost 1.47 and Visual Studio 2008 in 64-bit mode.

The basic instructions consisted in executing these two commands:

> bootstrap.bat
> bjam toolset=msvc address-model=64 --with-date_time

No matter what I did, bjam insisted on building x86 binaries. Frustrated and lacking other options I downloaded the latest version, 1.49. Everything worked as expected.

I’m not sure if there are issues in 1.47 related to this. Whatever the case I didn’t see anything in the 1.48 release notes.

Advertisements